My Minted Design

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

From Old to New- My Studio

This is where we began.  I had art classes here for 7 years.  
You can see some boxes of art. Of course it didn't 
look like this, but notice the old walls and floor.
I had this shop so many different colors over the years. Do you see the bright green. At one time the entire shop was that color, with accents of purple and pink.
We found beautiful old paneling under the pegboard and painted a lovely old creamy white.

The very back wall is where the barn was built.

Construction begins.


                                         The left side is where my office was, it is now the coop.
                          I love the moss on the door. I'm hoping to keep it alive with a gentle mist.

 I think a woodpecker was saving some seeds. I have never seen a woodpecker hole up close. It isn't round, it's more like a wedge. Very interesting. This post is now the legs to a table.
 The barn wood for this half of the barn is from a barn which was over 100 years old. It was going to be torn down and burnt. Actually came from the family of the Hatfields and McCoys fued. This is from the McCoy's side.


1 comment:

  1. Love the history in the old barn wood, and the nature accents (woodpecker holes and moss!).
    Great spacious workspace!

    ReplyDelete