My Minted Design

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Red Thread

When I was a little girl I loved to spend the night with my grandmother who lived in town. She didn't drive, so it was a treat to walk to town. We would shop at several tiny town shops and if I was lucky we would walk a little farther to the grocery store where I got to choose my favorite cereal. We always stopped at the local drug store where I would perch on a bar stool and order a grilled cheese sandwich and a bag of funyons.
I never knew my grandmother to be superstitious but she always told me "remember, you have a string attached to you, be careful where you walk because wherever you go it will always be there." That has been kept in the back of my mind my entire life. Sometimes I think about it but I thought of it as a literal string that could tangle with my steps. Tonight I saw a new show called "Touch" about a little boy with autism. Sometime during the show the explanation of the string is explained as I have never heard it before. I copied this from a google search.

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." --An ancient Chinese belief" 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment