My Minted Design

Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Mimosa Tree





The Mimosa Tree


A sure sign of summer.
The sweet fragrance from the bloom of this frilly tree is almost as sweet as the honesuckles.
It brings back some of the my best childhood memories.
This is the tree that grew in my grandmothers front yard.
The tree I climbed when I was a little girl.
I loved to run my hand across the leaves to put them to sleep.
Then something happend to the trees. I think there was a disease that attacked them and they were gone.
In the past several years they have come back.
I didn't remember the fragrance until just the other day when I picked a bloom.....oh how sweet the smell.
It tickled my nose as I sniffed back memories.
In that moment I heard the jarflies begin to sing their summer song.
......and I wonder, where has the time gone?

1 comment: