My Minted Design

Sunday, July 1, 2012

I've Been Pregnant for the Past 3 years.

I have been pregnant for the past 3 years and I am about to deliver.......

Ok....Not literally. I am 45, my kids are 20 and 26 and I'm a grandmother.




 But 3 years ago I started painting for myself and the colorful, whimsical new art was born.



 Over the past couple of years more ideas have been coming to me about the diversified conglomerate I am about to build. (not sure those terms actually fit, but it sounds good..it is going to be BIG) There will be tutorials, retreats, kits, Original art sales, the-traveling-trunk and a couple other surprises......you will be the first to know! IT"S ABOUT TO BE BORN!

I was just watching Bishop TD Jakes and took some of the following notes. I wanted to share them with you.
* Believe in your thoughts.
* We are born creative.
* Value your time. (yesterday is gone,  the last hour is gone, a moment ago is gone- these are my words to  you)
* If you break your day into 100%, 80% is used for something someone else can do and 20% is used for something only you can do. Hummm...something is wrong with this. SOOOO...lets try using 80% of our day doing something we are gifted with ;0) and use the 20% on the other stuff.
* Make time to be CrEaTivE! Being creative doesn't mean you have to be able to paint, draw, sew or sing  being creative is totally you. We are born creative. As babies learning to eat and not knowing how to hold the spoon, they figure it out by using their fingers. Before they know how to walk or crawl they will scoot to get where they want to be. Have you ever realized how you begin your day? You are being creative when you get dressed in the morning. Your clothes match, right? and if not...well, your style and creativity is showing. Through out your day you're creative in many ways, you may not realize it, but I want you to start.Think about how you match your clothes, how you put a meal together, how you react to others, how you handle situations, the way you decorate your home and if you don't do it yourself, you could! Does your home reflect you or someone else?.....whew...ok...end of sermon!

 I want you to know...YOU ARE CREATIVE!!!

 Just Be You!

* Ask yourself...What is my gift...my purpose? What am I passionate about? Enthusiastic about?     ACKNOWLEDGE IT!

So.....All this said....I am about to Deliver! Contractions are getting closer together and it feels GREAT!
Thank-You to my Husband for believing in me!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Your words have a lovely flow and a great message. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to know a wonderful artist gearing up for an amazing journey....you go girl!!!!!

    XXXOOO Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! I loved this post... it's really helpful! I also love your chickens... keep up the great work!
    Thanks for following my blog.... I'm now following you too!
    Happy painting sister!
    Renee
    xoxo
    www.fussitup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete